Thursday 18 May 2017

Happy Birthday Amester Ames Blog

Today my blog turns 3 years old. I can remember 3 years ago, I was sat in my bed in my university house in Derby, UK, when I created this small piece of the internet. Initially it wasn't called Amester Ames. It was either called 'Life of Ames' or 'Life of Amester'. In truth I cant remember, I just remember not being 100% happy with it. I then came up with Amester Ames and it's stuck since. I like it, it was a good change.

If I'm honest I'm suprised this blog is still running. I have a tendancy to start projects, eventually get bored and never come back to them. Somehow this one has been one I've come back to. I think this may be because I have no upload schedule or set content expectations. I can go weeks or months without uploading but it works for me. After all I created this blog for myself, it's just an added bonus other people have took an interest in it.

This blog has taken me on a journey from a fresh 20 year old graduate up until today, a 23 year old currently 7 months in on living my childhood dream of travelling Australia.

In 3 years I have uploaded 37 blogs. I have had a total of 5633 page views. On average I get 55 views per blog post. My most viewed post is Dreams do come true with 172 views. Whereas my least viewed is Smooth Move with only 9 views. My personal favourite is things I am thankful for, as it is my most creative post. What has been your favourite post?

Other than my family and some friends I don't actually know who reads my blogs. My analytics show that after the United Kingdom my next popular audience locations are Ireland and USA. I also have views from Ukraine, Portugal and Russia to name a few. Considering I only really know people from the United Kingdom with a few exceptions, it is cool to know that my content is viewed (and hopefully enjoyed) by people I dont even know. Where in the world are you situated?!

I wonder what the next 3 years will pan out like?! Will this blog still be a part of my life?! Will I still enjoy using punny titles?! Will it still document my travel journeys or will it take me through an entirely different journey?! Who knows...

Heres to the next 3 years!

I'd love to know what peoples favourite/least favourite post of mine has been?! Also where in the world you are located and how long you have been following this blog. Comment below or tweet me @AmesterAmes

Amester x

No comments:

Post a Comment