Monday 20 April 2015

Anonymity

Just under 11 months ago I started this blog. Something new to try out to run in parallel with the new chapter my life was starting. For the entirety of this time only 3 people have known about this blog – My mum, dad and sister. Ok so a few times I have accidently let slip to friends about it, but I have never once revealed the blog name, therefore its location was unknown and still anonymous among those I know. The exception to this was last week I woke to a WhatsApp message of my blog link shared with family members, my mum and her big mouth! I've never jumped out of bed so quick to tell mum off (she didn’t realise I wasn’t revealing it yet). I also had views from Australia, I put two and two together and realised she had shared it to family further afield! But other than that, no one knows. Basically I have been talking to myself (isn’t the first time that’s happened  :p).

I have enjoyed having this ‘secret project’ as I like to call it. It is something I have been doing just for myself, where I had no commitment, could post as and when I wanted, about whatever the hell I wished, without any expectations and judgement. I have never been one for writing, it isn’t my strong point, I expect my grammar and spelling isn’t fantastic on here, but who cares! I quit English after GCSE’s for a reason! This blog has helped me to keep my academic brain functioning occasionally, and I feel it is a good way to keep my writing skills relatively ok (for my ability anyways).

However with my big 6 week European adventure starting in 5 days (eeekk!!), my blog anonymity is going to disappear this week. I am going to tell family, friends, work friends and whoever else I bump into about my blog. Like I mentioned in my first ever blog post, I enjoy documenting my life. This is where I am going to document my travels. Providing I gain decent Wi-Fi while away, I plan to blog on the tracks (choo choo). Whether any of my friends and family actually read what I have to write is up to them, I will not be offended either way, but it would be nice to share my adventure with those closest to me.

So hi family, friends, oh and any strangers if you happen to come across this blog. I hope you enjoy what I have to blog about, at times I expect it will be random rubbish, partial to some moans (apparently I moan a lot) but I also hope it will be informative and fun to enjoy!! Also feel free to share it with people who I may not know but you feel will be interested. 

I am sharing this trip with my sister Jen. She will also be blogging on her blog. Although we will be experiencing the same thing, and both blogging, I’m sure both of our accounts will be varied. I may talk about something Jen doesn’t, and vice versus. She may decide to talk about an embarrassing story (if any happen) which included me which I would happily not include on mine :p You can find Jens blog by clicking here

On the left side panel you can click through to my other social medias. Alterrnativerly click here to follow my blog twitter for on the go tweets. Click here to follow my instagram for my photos, and click here to follow my YouTube, as upon return I plan to make a mini series of my travels.

Amester x

No comments:

Post a Comment